There are some great ideas for blog post found in www.bloggersroadmap.com, by Dan Sumner.
Below are some of the ideas this great guide has given me which I intend to use as I post more.
Here are more great post ideas you can start with.
1. The List Post – A good old favourite of mine which is great Google food for high
search engine rankings. E.g. 5 Product Launch Tips.
2. The Review Post – Product review posts are always great ways to rank your blog
next to the websites you are reviewing. I have some review posts on my Bonus Blog.
3. Book Reviews – I have reviewed one or two products on my Bonus Blog which
have turned out quite successful. You can also affiliate link to the product you are
reviewing and earn commissions.
4. The Huge List – A lot like the list post, but a lot larger e.g. 101 things to do with
5. The How-To Post –How to add widgets to your blog, or how to make your blog an
6. Themed Post – Post about a particular time of the year or an event
7. News Post – You could write a post on a local topic and mention a service you’re
8. The Advice Post – Ask the reader what topics you’d like to discuss in the next
post. This is a great idea and a cool way to involve your audience.
9. Round-up Post – Which blogs do you actually read and which bloggers do you
respect? A great way to share other blogs online and also a great way to grab the
attention of other bloggers from ping backs and track backs.
10. Ethical People to Follow – Which people are you most intrigued by and follow?
You could talk about inspiring people, heroes and mentors.
11. Personal Post – Allowing people into certain aspects of your life when it comes
to blogging is a great way to build trust which can and will lead to sales of products
12. Controversial Post – There is nothing like a little controversy. Controversial
posts go a very long way with readers and always generate a ton of comments.
13. Mentors and Coaches – Case studies and a review of your training experiences
on any courses you have taken part in.
14. The Biggest Mistakes – This one speak for itself. People love to hear about the
mistakes you have made, especially in business. These posts project a real person
with real achievements.
15. Problem Solving – Post on something that happened to you and/or your blog
and what you did to solve or fix the problem.
16. Hold a Contest – Create content on your blog which people can take part in.
E.g. The best interview post or the best video post even as simple as the best
comment. I have held competitions where I have given prizes for the best comment.
17. Traffic Tutorials – I find that the question I get asked the most is always
something to do with traffic generation, so anything that helps people generate traffic
to their own blogs, websites, products or squeeze pages always helps. I also find
that short videos can help, some people struggle to put words into actions.
18. Personal Challenges Post– Create a post about overcoming your fears. People
can usually relate to the same problems and fears you have.
As the character of this Blog becomes more defined I will be posting many different ideas and angles that enhance the niche that I will soon choose.